Below you’ll find an alphabetical list of animals that start with q. These动物世界各地d, which is one of the many things that make each animal so unique. Each animal will have an interesting fact to go with it so that you can better understand their diverse habits, sizes, characteristics, origins, and so much more.
Animals that Start with Q
List of Common Animals Starting with Q
- Qinling Panda
- Quaira Spiny Rat
- Quechuan Hocicudo
- Queen Alexandra’s Birdwing
- Queen Angelfish
- Queen of Sheba’s Gazelle
- Queen Snake
- Queen Snapper
- Queen Triggerfish
- Queensland Grouper
- Queensland Tube-Nosed Bat
Common Animals that Start with Q | Facts & Pictures
There are estimated to be between 200 and 300 left living in the wild. They have an identical diet, habitat, and behavior to the giant panda.
This zebra has gone extinct. It was native to dry grassy plains in southern Africa. This animal also looked more like a horse than a zebra.
This very big deepwater clam was designated as the Official Shell of Rhode Island in 1987.
These small birds belong to the pheasant and partridge species. Even though they have long pointed wings, they are able to fly short distances.
Quaira Spiny Rat
A group of these rats is called a ‘colony, horde, pack, plague, or swarm’.
A species of rodent that originates from South America. The only place that it’s found is in a small region of the Andes in central Bolivia.
Queen Alexandra’s Birdwing
The largest butterfly in the world. You’ll find this butterfly in eastern Papua New Guinea.
They are named after the blue-ringed black spot on their heads that resembles a crown. They are capable of digesting the tough flesh of sponges.
Queen of Sheba’s Gazelle
Also known as the Yemen Gazelle is an extinct species of gazelle.
Known for hanging in branches over streams. They will often drop into water when threatened or disturbed, however, this snake is harmless to humans.
This fish is bright red on its upper and lower sides with large and yellow eyes. The average size of a queen snapper is 21 inches. Their common habitat is offshore over rocky reefs of the continental shelf.
A tropical Atlantic fish is large, oval-shaped, has small eyes, and is laterally-compressed.
This fish is one of the world’s largest bony fish, with mature adults weighing up to 882 pounds and being around 8.9 feet in length. They have at least seven rows of teeth in the middle of their lower jaw. This fish is found throughout the Indo-Pacific region.
Queensland Tube-Nosed Bat
These creatures are found in Australia. They get their name from their raised tubular nostrils.
There are more of this bird species than any other bird species in the world. They are more than 1.5 billion, with single colonies having up to 30 million.
Colorful birds are found in forests, especially in humid highlands.
Also known as the short-tailed scrub wallaby. These creatures get around like kangaroos and are the size of a domestic cat.
These carnivorousmarsupialsare native to Australia and New Guinea. They spend most of their day in a den.
Animals Starting with Q | Image
Picture of Animals that Start with Q
Animals Beginning with Q (by Locations)
野生动物that Start with Q
- Quagga (extinct subspecies of plains zebra)
- Queen snake
- Queen triggerfish
- Quince monitor
- Quetzalcoatlus (extinct pterosaur)
- Quirky salamander
- Qatari shark
- Quedius beetle
- Quilled snailfish
- Quilpie rainbowfish
- Quokka rat
- Queen conch
- Quokka mouse
- Quirino bat
- Quiscaleus skink
- Quixote scarab beetle
- Quito long-toed salamander
Sea and Ocean Animals that Start with Q
- Quahog (a type of clam found in the Atlantic Ocean)
- Queen angelfish (a brightly colored fish found in the Caribbean Sea)
- Queen conch (a large marine snail found in the Caribbean Sea)
- Queen crab (a species of crab found in the Bering Sea)
- Queen triggerfish (a tropical fish found in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans)
- Quillback rockfish (a type of rockfish found off the coast of North America)
- Quillfish (a small fish found in the Pacific Ocean)
- Quoy’s parrotfish (a species of parrotfish found in the Indian and Pacific oceans)
Note that some of these animals may not be commonly known as sea or ocean animals, but they do live in marine environments.
Related:Sea and Ocean Animalsin English
Animals with Q (by Types)
Mammals that Start with Q
Insects that Start with Q
- Queen bee
- Quetzalcoatlus fly
- Quaker lady butterfly
- Quaker moth
- Quasimodo beetle
- Quasimodo katydid
- Quassia beetle
- Quaternary bark beetle
- Queen butterfly
- Queen Alexandra’s birdwing butterfly
- Queen of Spain fritillary butterfly
- Queen snake
- Quill-tailed rock skipper
- Quilled giant silk moth
- Quinquefasciatus mosquito
- Quinqueloculina mite
- Quirky snouted weevil
- Quiver tree antlion
Related:Insects in English
Birds that Start with Q
- Queensland Kookaburra
- Quaker Parrot (also known as the Monk Parakeet)
Related: List ofBirdsin English
Animals Starting with the Letter “Q” for Kindergarten
- Queen Bee
- Quetzal (a type of bird)
- Quahog (a type of clam)
Frequently Asked Questions on Q Animals
What are some animals that start with Q?
There are not many animals that start with the letter Q, but some examples include the quail, which is a small game bird found in many parts of the world. Other animals that starts with Q are the quokka, quetzal, queen snake, queen bee, quetzal, queenfisher, quoll, and quahog.
What are insects that start with the letter Q?
There are very few insects that start with the letter Q. Some of them are the queen bee, quetzalcoatlus fly, quaker lady butterfly, quaker moth, Quasimodo beetle, quassia beetle, and queen butterfly.
Jump tothe full list.
All Animals A-Z List
AlphabeticalList of Animals from A to Z.
- Animals that Start with A
- Animals that Start with B
- Animals that Start with C
- Animals that Start with D
- Animals that Start with E
- Animals that Start with F
- Animals that Start with G
- Animals that Start with H
- Animals that Start with I
- Animals that Start with J
- Animals that Start with K
- Animals that Start with L
- Animals that Start with M
- Animals that Start with N
- Animals that Start with O
- Animals that Start with P
- Animals that Start with Q
- Animals that Start with R
- Animals that Start with S
- Animals that Start with T
- Animals that Start with U
- Animals that Start with V
- Animals that Start with W
- Animals that Start with X
- Animals that Start with Y
- Animals that Start with Z
Last Updated on March 25, 2023