Below is an alphabetical list of animals that start with x. There are very few animals that start with this letter, so a few of them are referring to a group of animals. Theseanimals come from all over the world, but that isn’t the only reason they’re unique and diverse. An interesting fact was included with each animal so that you can better understand those unique habits, traits, and so much more.
Animals that Start with X
Common Names of Animals Starting with X
- X-Ray Tetra
- Xantic Sargo
- Xantus’s Hummingbird
- Xantus Murrelet
- Xingu River Ray
Common Animals that Start with X | Interesting Facts and Pictures
This fish has a transparent layer of skin that makes its backbone completely visible. Due to this layer of skin, this fish is also referred to as the Water Goldfinch and the Golden Pristella Tetra. Their biggest threat is water pollution. This fish is found in South America and can also tolerate brackish water.
These fish have pharyngeal teeth that are located at the back of their throat. These teeth are used to chompcrustaceans,mollusks, and filter-feeding moss animals. The xantic sargo is a popular sport fish and is also commonly eaten.
这个中型蜂鸟只存在于巴哈California, which is a state in the north-west of Mexico. Like all hummingbirds, they hover near flowers and use their long bill and extendable tongue to sip nectar. Their calls are very loud and deep.
A group of birds found in California, Canada, Mexico, and Washington. These small seabirds are threatened by predators introduced to their breeding colonies and by oil spills.
A group of mammals consists of anteaters, sloths, and armadillos. Xenarthra means ‘strange joints’ which refers to the unique joints of these animals’ spinal cords. They are only found in the Americas. This group of mammals also have a very low metabolism.
These small fish are endemic to lakes in Sulawesi, Indonesia. The number of these fish has fallen due to pollution and the appearance of other fish coming into the lakes.
These birds are found in Mexico, Central America, and South America. The most common place to find them is in tropical rainforests.
A group of squirrels more commonly referred to as African ground squirrels. There are four species in this group of squirrels, all of which are burrowing animals. They live in a variety of different habitats such as grasslands, shrublands, and woodlands.
Xingu River Ray
This species of freshwater fish is endemic to the Xingu River in Brazil. They are also known as the White-blotched River Stingray or the Polka-dot Stingray. Their average litter consists of seven or eight pups.
South American birds are large flycatchers. They are commonly found in open habitats. These birds are black, grey, and white.
This dog breed has been around for 3,000 years, originating back to Aztec times in ancient Mexico, making them the national dog of Mexico. The Aztecs considered these dogs very sacred and would use them for mystical healing abilities.These dogscome in different sizes, colors, and some are hairless while others have hair!
Animals Starting with X | Image
Common Names of Animals that Start with X in English
Animals Beginning with X (by Locations)
Domestic Animals Beginning with X
- Xoloitzcuintli (a dog breed)
- Xenopus (a type of aquatic frog that can be kept in captivity)
- x射线利乐(一个小somet淡水鱼imes kept in aquariums)
Related:Farm and Domestic Animalsin English
Zoo Animals that Start with X
- Xenarthra (an order of mammals that includes armadillos, anteaters, and sloths)
- Xerus (a genus of African ground squirrels)
- Xantus (a type of hummingbird)
Related:Zoo Animalsin English
Animals with X (by Types)
Mammals that Start with X
- Xenarthra – a group of mammals that includes armadillos, anteaters, and sloths
- Xenocyon – an extinct genus of wild dogs
- Xenorhynchus – a genus of bats found in South America
- Xerus – a genus of ground squirrels found in Africa
Birds that Start with X
- Xenicus gilviventris (Yellowhead)
- Xenicus longipes (Bush Wren)
- Xenicus lyalli (Lyall’s Wren)
Related: List ofBirdsin English
Animals Starting with the Letter “X” for Kindergarten
- X-ray tetra
Frequently Asked Questions on X Animals
What are some animals that start with X?
All Animals A-Z List
AlphabeticalList of Animals from A to Z.
- Animals that Start with A
- Animals that Start with B
- Animals that Start with C
- Animals that Start with D
- Animals that Start with E
- Animals that Start with F
- Animals that Start with G
- Animals that Start with H
- Animals that Start with I
- Animals that Start with J
- Animals that Start with K
- Animals that Start with L
- Animals that Start with M
- Animals that Start with N
- Animals that Start with O
- Animals that Start with P
- Animals that Start with Q
- Animals that Start with R
- Animals that Start with S
- Animals that Start with T
- Animals that Start with U
- Animals that Start with V
- Animals that Start with W
- Animals that Start with X
- Animals that Start with Y
- Animals that Start with Z
Last Updated on March 22, 2023