At The Doctor’s Vocabulary! List ofdiseasesand treatments with pictures and examples to increase your vocabulary words in English. When you pay a visit to the doctors there are a lot of terms that you might need to be able to understand and communicate. The reason that this is so important is because your health is the most important thing you have and so understanding the things that are happening at the doctor will benefit more than your language skills.
In this section, you will be learning all the vocabulary that you will need when attending the doctors in an English speaking country.
At The Doctor’s Vocabulary
List ofDiseasesand Treatments
- High blood pressure
- Broken arm
- Sore finger
- Bed rest
- Blood tests
- Physical therapy
- Shot (U.S)/ Jab (U.K)
- Eye exam
- Pressure measuring
CommonDisease Nameswith Examples and Pictures
Illnessis generally used as a synonym for disease.Treatmentsormedical therapiesare efforts to cure or improve a disease or other health problems.
– He’s got a headache and a slightfever.
High blood pressure
–High blood pressureimposes an extra load on the heart.
– Jackson had abroken arm.
– He suffered a seriousinjurythat obliged him to give up work.
– My doctor wants me to be tested fordiabetes.
– He used hissore fingeras a pretext for not going to school.
– I have gottoothache, so I must go to a dentist.
– He was so nervous that he got astomachache.
– The most common type ofsprainis the ankle sprain.
Treatment Names with Examples and Pictures
– The doctor puts his foot in a cast and imposesbed rest.
– They didblood testson him for signs of vitamin deficiency.
–Dietand exercise are equally important.
– Your condition is serious and requiressurgery.
– You need to take someexerciseto loosen up your muscles.
– The doctor said she should be given aphysical therapy.
– The nurse is coming to give you ashot.
–Massagemay help to increase blood flow to specific areas of the body.
– She was advised to have anX-ray.
– The best way to prevent vision loss is to get routineeye exams.
– The doctor required that she needed to takepressure measuring.
– When anexaminationis in order, the doctors do it.
– Doctors prepared aninfusionof medicinal herbs.
At The Doctor’s Vocabulary | Image
Health Vocabulary in English
Learnhealth vocabularyin English
- List ofmedical supplies & equipmentin English with pictures
- Medicine namesin English
- Types of doctorswith names and pictures
- At the doctor’svocabulary: list of illnesses and treatments
- Names of illnesses &diseasesin English
Learn common diseases and different types of doctors video lessonswith American English pronunciation.
Last Updated on February 27, 2023