Gardening Terms! Learn useful names of things in the garden with pictures and examples to improve your garden vocabulary in English. Many people like to spend a lot of time in the garden, whether that is for gardening, relaxing or playing and so this is a topic of conversation which is likely to occur frequently when talking in English. Not only this, but being able to refer to items which can be found in the garden will help you when watching TV, reading or browsing the internet in English, as there are many garden related items in the media.
In this section, you will be shown the English names for a whole variety of garden related things.
Gardenis the area of land next toa house, where there are flowers, grass, and other plants, and often a place for people to sit.
- Wheelie bin (U.K)/ Recycling bin (U.S.)
- Watering can
- Garden hose
- Vegetable garden
- Seed packet
- Lawn mower
Garden Vocabulary Words with Pictures and Examples
– He hid the bicycle in thehedge.
– He tried to climb thetree, but he could not.
– You cannot sell thecowand sup the milk.
– We fenced in the garden to keep thesheepout.
– My friend threw the ball back over thefence.
– Theplantneeds some water because it’s starting to droop.
Wheelie bin(U.K)/Recycling bin(U.S.)
– I dumped the newspapers in therecycling bin.
– I think I need apot.
– He filled thebucketwith water.
– You’ll find the lizards behind thewatering can.
– I ran for thegarden hoseand filled the watering can.
– I can’t wade in theseboots.
– She is sweeping with abroom.
– Get some morefertilizerfor the garden.
– Thesoilhere is very poor.
– She bought herself ahoeand a sickle.
– I threw away thegloves.
– He was working with a pick andshovel.
– She trundled thewheelbarrowdown the garden.
– They planned to visit avegetable garden.
– I use the directions on theseed packet.
– There areanimalsin there, cow, pig, …
– Thegrassis greener on the other side.
– We need alawn mowerto cut the grass.
– Theflowergarden was tastefully laid out.
– There is a smallpondin his yard.
– Just turn on thefaucetand fill it up.
Garden Vocabulary | Useful Gardening Terms Pictures
Around the House Vocabulary
Learn names ofthings around the housewith pictures.
- Differentparts of the housein English.
- Different types of houseswith pictures.
- In thegarden vocabularywords list.
- Living room furniturewith pictures.
- Bedroom furniturewith pictures.
- Kitchenvocabulary words list.
- Bathroomvocabulary with pictures.
Garden Vocabulary Video
Learngarden words videowith beautiful illustrations.
Last Updated on February 27, 2023