从动词是什么年代?虽然有些单词are inherently more interesting than others, there is no accounting for taste. Many people prefer to read about tragic romances and endings than light-hearted plots, and the same goes for words. Certain letter combinations of the English language appear more attractive than others. The same can be said for certain syllables that begin with a particular letter. This applies to adjectives as well as verbs. This article provides a list of commonly used verbs that start with s.
Verbs that Start with S
What are Verbs that Start with S?
Verbsare words that describe an action or state of being. The words in the list below are some of the most commonly used verbs starting with s. Some of these verbs are more common than others but they all have specific functions to fulfill.
Common meanings associated with the verbs start with s include: to save, search, and separate.
Discover more verbs that start with…
Action Verbs that Start with S with Examples
|Say||Shesaid,“Hello” to me.|
|See||I canseethe Eiffel Tower from my hotel room.|
|Sing||Shesanga beautiful song at the concert.|
|Smile||Hesmiledat the little girl and she smiled back.|
|Study||I need tostudyfor my exams.|
|Start||Let’sstartworking on the project tomorrow.|
|Stop||The trafficstoppedabruptly at the red light.|
|Serve||The waiterservedus our food at the restaurant.|
|Speak||Can youspeaklouder, please?|
|Spend||I like tospendmy weekends with my family.|
|Search||Shesearchedfor her lost phone in the house.|
|Support||We shouldsupportour local farmers by buying fresh produce from them.|
|Show||Heshowedus how to fix the broken bike.|
|Save||We need tosavemoney for our future.|
|Sleep||I need tosleepearly tonight to wake up early for work.|
|Sell||The storesellsa variety of products.|
|Send||Shesentme an email with the details of the meeting.|
|Shop||I need toshopfor new clothes for the summer.|
|Scream||Shescreamedwhen she saw the spider on the wall.|
|Solve||We need tosolvethis math problem before the class ends.|
|Sit||Pleasesitdown and relax.|
|Stand||Hestoodup to give his presentation to the class.|
|Swim||We canswimin the pool to cool off in this hot weather.|
|Shout||The coachshoutedinstructions to his team during the game.|
|Stretch||I alwaysstretchbefore and after my workouts.|
|Surf||He likes tosurf在他的主要互联网e time.|
|Share||Can you pleaseshareyour notes with me?|
|Spell||Can you pleasespellyour name for me?|
|Settle||Theysettledtheir differences and became friends again.|
|Skate||He loves toskateat the local rink on weekends.|
|Schedule||We need toschedulea meeting with the clients next week.|
|Skip||Can weskipthis chapter and move on to the next one?|
|Sneeze||Shesneezedtwice in a row and then felt better.|
|Satisfy||The food at the restaurantsatisfiedour hunger and cravings.|
|Sweat||He wassweatingafter his intense workout at the gym.|
|Swipe||Heswipedhis credit card to pay for the coffee.|
|Spin||The wheel of the car旋转on the wet road.|
|Suppress||She tried tosuppressher laughter during the serious meeting.|
|Sculpt||Hesculpteda beautiful statue out of the clay.|
|Symbolize||The color redsymbolizeslove and passion.|
|Synchronize||Hesynchronizedhis watch with his phone’s clock.|
|Sanitize||We shouldsanitizeour hands before touching anything.|
|Scale||The mountain climber按比例缩小的the peak with great difficulty.|
|Stimulate||The new product launchstimulatedthe market and increased sales.|
|Suggest||Hesuggesteda new idea for the project to make it more effective.|
|Swap||Theyswappedtheir snacks with each other during the break.|
|Supply||The companysuppliedus with|
Positive Verbs that Start with S with Examples
|Shine||The sun isshiningbrightly today.|
|Smile||She alwayssmileswhen she greets her customers.|
|Support||Hesupportshis team through thick and thin.|
|Succeed||She worked hard andsucceededin achieving her goals.|
|Stimulate||The coffee helped tostimulatehis brain and wake him up.|
|Strengthen||Regular exercise canstrengthenyour muscles and bones.|
|Satisfy||The delicious mealsatisfiedhis hunger.|
|Secure||She was able tosecurea job after months of searching.|
|Synergize||The team members were able tosynergizetheir efforts to complete the project.|
|Simplify||The instructions weresimplifiedto make them easier to understand.|
|Soar||The birdsoaredthrough the sky with grace.|
|Savour||Hesavouredevery bite of the delicious chocolate cake.|
|Serenade||The musicianserenadedthe crowd with his beautiful melodies.|
|Sweeten||Shesweetenedthe tea with a spoonful of honey.|
|Solve||They were able tosolvethe complex problem using teamwork and creativity.|
List of Verbs that Start with S
- Set goals
- Succeeded in
- Stand up
- Sit down
Learn more withwords that start with S.
Verbs that Start with S with their Meanings
- Save:To preserve, to guard, to keep from harm
- Search:To look for treasure
- Save from Harm:To protect from injury
- Separate:To put apart, to divide, to separate into sections for use or examination
- Shut up:以防止演讲或语音
- Shrink:To become smaller or less in size or magnitude
- Shutout:To block the entrance of flowing air or light by closing doors etc.
- Show up:To be seen by the eye via optical means in a visible manner such as image projected by a camera lens etc.
- Register:To make a memory that is permanent by virtue of an act of recording by writing or typing etc.
- Show off:To display one’s talents in a flashy manner to attract attention.
- Shut up one’s mouth:To stop talking; to keep silent
- Show out:To show or let out – to display to guests etc.
- Shut up your mouth:To prevent someone from talking
- Send away:To dismiss someone or something as useless
- Shutoff:To stop a flow of water, air, light , power, heat etc.
- Shove: To push with a quick strong movement
- Sign:To use one’s hands to communicate meaning such as in the case of sign language
- Sink:To descend or drop into an abyss; to subside; to fall or settle below the normal level etc.
- Send:To transmit or propagate something from one point to another
- Signup:To sign a membership or register agreement for service etc.
- Sin:To commit a transgression of religious law or ethical duty
- Save up:To accumulate money etc. for future use e.g savings account
- Searching:The act of looking intently for something lost, desired etc.
- Settle down:To live securely in a new locality; to become settled and stable
- Shut out:To prevent the entrance of; to stop someone entering e.g “don’t shut me out”
- Sink:To go down; to subside; to sink down below the normal level etc.
- Shut up:To paralyze or arrest speaking or speech
- Shove:To push with a quick strong movement
- Shut off:To stop the flow of air, water, light, heat etc.
- Show off:To display one’s talents in a flashy manner to attract attention
- Show up:To be seen by the eye in a visible manner such as image projected by a camera lens etc.
- Shut up your mouth:Stop someone from talking
- Show out:Display something to others e.
The words in the list are some of the most commonly used verbs that begin with s. All of them have specific functions to fulfill. Some of these verbs are more common than others, but all possess a certain degree of importance for the general English language user.
Verbs that Start with S | Image
Verbs that Start with S | Image 1
Verbs that Start with S | Image 2
Verbs that Start with S | Image 3
Learn more A-Z Verbs
- Verbs that Start with A
- Verbs that Start with B
- Verbs that Start with C
- Verbs that Start with D
- Verbs that Start with E
- Verbs that Start with F
- Verbs that Start with G
- Verbs that Start with H
- Verbs that Start with I
- Verbs that Start with J
- Verbs that Start with K
- Verbs that Start with L
- Verbs that Start with M
- Verbs that Start with N
- Verbs that Start with O
- Verbs that Start with P
- Verbs that Start with Q
- Verbs that Start with R
- Verbs that Start with S
- Verbs that Start with T
- Verbs that Start with U
- Verbs that Start with V
- Verbs that Start with W
- Verbs that Start with X
- Verbs that Start with Y
- Verbs that Start with Z
Last Updated on April 11, 2023
1 thought on “400+ Awesome Verbs that Start with S in English”
this website plus it’s videos are awesome. I was in difficulty this helped me a lot. Best website +YouTubechannel.