Weather vocabulary words! What’s the weather like today? Learn useful weather terms with pictures and examples to improve and increase your vocabulary words in English. Being able to talk about the weather in English can benefit you during a lot of conversations. For example, you might like to talk about travel and holidays and explain what the weather was like, or you might like to discuss upcoming weather in conjunction with any plans you are making (is it going to rain when you plan to go to the beach, for example?) Being able to recognise weather words will also help you to understand English weather forecasts which can come in extremely handy.
Weather是大气的状态,德scribing for example the degree to which it is hot or cold, wet or dry, calm or stormy, clear or cloudy.
Weather Words List
Weather Terms with Pictures and Examples
The weather was surprisingly warm andsunny.
Onrainydays, we play games in the gym.
It’s toowindyto go out in the boat.
We were going to play football, but it was sohotthat we decided to do otherwise.
Tomorrow will becloudywith outbreaks of rain and drizzle.
The sky was dark andstormy.
It’scoldand you should cover up warmly.
We’ve had a verysnowywinter this year.
Therainwill continue into the evening.
Thedrizzlehad now stopped and the sun was breaking through.
Life is like arainbow. You don’t always know what’s on the other side, but you know it’s there.
Her skin was as white assnow.
Weather Vocabulary Words Picture
Useful Weather Words & Weather Terms
Weather Vocabulary Words List
- Bright– The weather wasbrightand sunny.
- Blazing– The sun wasblazing下来,afternoon.
- Sunlight– I was dazzled by thesunlight.
- Sunshine– It was a cool day with fitfulsunshine.
- Drizzling– It’s beendrizzlingall day.
- Pouring– It was absolutelypouringwith rain.
- Raining– It israiningcats and dogs.
- Lashing– The rain waslashingthe windows.
- Cloudy– It was socloudythat the top of the mountain was invisible.
- Gloomy– It was a wet andgloomyday.
- Foggy– It wasfoggyand the sun shone feebly through the murk.
- Overcast– The sky was soonovercast.
- Clear– His visit came out of aclearsky.
- Mist– The sun will evaporate themist.
- Haze– The sun was surrounded by a goldenhaze.
- Dense fog– The airport was closed in by thedense fog.
- Patchy fog– Drizzle andpatchy fogare forecast.
- Snowfall– There was very littlesnowfalllast year.
- Sleet– The rain was turning tosleet.
- Snowstorm– Thesnowstormwill last till tomorrow afternoon.
- Snowflake– A singlesnowflakelanded on her nose.
- Blizzard– Eleanor arrived in the midst of ablizzard.
- 微风– A coldbreezewas blowing hard.
- Blustery– The day was cold andblustery.
- Windy– It waswindyand Jake felt cold.
- Windstorm– The sea was choppy today because of thewindstorm.
- Hurricane– Ahurricanehit the city yesterday at 5 p.m.
- Hot– The weather washot, without a breath of wind.
- Warm– It is nice andwarmtoday.
- Cool– It was a lovelycoolevening.
- Cold– Thecoldweather exhilarated the walkers.
- Freezing– It isfreezingcold now.
- Landslide– The railroad was blocked by alandslide.
- Avalanche– They were killed by anavalanchein the Swiss Alps.
- Storm– The weather forecast is for severestormstonight.
- Drought– They are preparing against adrought.
- Earthquake——我们有一个可怕的earthquakelast week.
Weather Vocabulary: Useful Weather Words & Terms Image
Natural World Vocabulary
Learn usefulnatural worldvocabulary in English.
- Nature wordsin English.
- Universe andspace wordswith pictures.
- Natural disasterslist with images.
- Weather vocabularywords with pictures.
Weather videoin English.
Last Updated on February 27, 2023
7 thoughts on “Weather Vocabulary: Useful Weather Words & Terms”