There arewords我们每天使用,一天几次。在其他的我们rds, while still interesting and very necessary, just don’t get used that much, for some reason. In this lesson, we will show you a list of 50 common words that begin with C with meanings and useful example sentences.
单词That Begin With C
Whether you’re saying CAT, CHANCE, or CEASE, there’s one thing about the letter “C” you can count on. It’s a very adaptable letter. No, no, notadoptable. You won’t be taking it home and putting booties on it. It’sadaptable.The “C” sound changes a lot, making sure words have what they need. Hmm…do you suppose it could change into a million dollars and giveuswhatweneed? Just a thought. Even if a million dollars is out, we still have…
单词That Begin With C with Meanings and Examples
- Meaning: (NOUN) Container
- Example:Put the jars back in thecase.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Money
- Example:The store will discount 5% forcashpayment.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Vehicles used for travel
- Example:There is room for no more than threecars.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Vegetable that grows on stalks.
- Example:In good yearscornis hay, in ill years straw is corn.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Edge of the sidewalk
- Example:The boy sat on thecurband watched the cars go by.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Three-dimensional square
- Example:She sucked an icecubeinto her mouth, and crunched it loudly.
- Meaning: (ADJECTIVE) Attractive in a youthful or innocent way.
- Example:He’s got a reallycutebaby brother.
- Meaning: (VERB) Short, informal discussion
- Example:He often keeps aloof when wechattogether.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Rather small, stiff piece of paper with pictures or identification printed on it
- Example:The wildcardin the picture is eastern Europe.
- Meaning: (VERB) Restrain
- Example:Don’t you think it’s cruel tocagea creature up?
- Meaning: (NOUN) Extra attention or responsibility
- Example:Cross withcareat the traffic lights.
- Meaning: (NOUN) A wheeled container that is pushed or pulled.
- Example:Thecartwas charged to the full.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Feline.
- Example:有更多的方法杀死catthan choking it with cream.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Hollow carved in mountain or rock
- Example:We took shelter from the rain in acave.
- Meaning: (NOUN) A small piece of something, usually relatively small and thin.
- Example:She bought potatochips.
- Meaning: (VERB) Make something again, so it looks exactly like the first product. Duplicate.
- Example:Leon tried tocopyoff Mike’s test.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Amount needed to purchase a product
- Example:Thecostgiven is only approximate.
- Meaning: (ADJECTIVE) When a situation or thing causes feelings of comfort, intimacy, or contentment.
- Example:The room glowedcozyand warm in the firelight.
- Meaning: (NOUN) What a ship carries in its hold.
- Example:The ship was carrying a lot ofcargo.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Place to pitch a tent or park a trailer
- Example:Stealthily we approached the enemy’scamp.
- Meaning: (VERB) Stop
- Example:Ceaseto struggle and you cease to live.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Magnetism that attracts others almost against their will
- Example:The house retains much of its originalcharm.
- Meaning: (NOUN) A series of interlocking metal loops
- Example:Achainis only as strong as its weakest link.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Soft material used to draw or color
- Example:He sopped up the ink withchalk.
- Meaning: (NOUN) A seat, place to sit.
- Example:She shifted uncomfortably in herchair.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Totally wild randomness
- Example:The country was plunged into economicchaos.
- Meaning: (NOUN) A young human
- Example:Every mother thinks herchildbeautiful.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Regular job, usually at home. Also a grueling occupation
- Example:Don’t turn reading into achorefor your kids.
- Meaning: (VERB) Restrict air flow to
- Example:You mustn’tchokeup so far on the bat.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Vapor that appears in the sky
- Example:The plane disappeared behind acloud.
- Meaning: (VERB) To make a sharp, short noise
- Example:He reached in toclickoff the lights so the children would go to sleep.
- Meaning: (NOUN) A tool for telling time
- Example:We worked round theclockto finish the job.
- Meaning: (VERB) To scale. To move from a lower position to a higher position.
- Example:To make more money, John would have toclimbthe corporate ladder.
- Meaning: (NOUN) The temperature and other weather-related factors of a given place.
- Example:There has been a gradual change in theclimate.
- Meaning: (VERB) Change the hue or shade
- Example:Susan chose tocolorher hair before her vacation.
- Meaning: (VERB) To make something from nothing
- Example:You cancreatesomething more glorious than the championship.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Opportunity to have good fortune
- Example:The gambler took achance.
- Meaning: (VERB) To alter
- Example:The leopard cannotchangeits spots.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Group of students
- Example:His uncontrolled behavior disturbed the entireclass.
- Meaning: (NOUN) One of the local government’s divisions of land
- Example:It is sad to see acountyconfine its activities to undignified public bickering.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Place where trials are held
- Example:Are you prepared to repeat theseallegationsincourt?
- Meaning: (ADJECTIVE) Having the trait of snapping when it is broken
- Example:The duck should havecrispyskin, which is accomplished through air drying.
- Meaning: (ADJECTIVE) Insane. Not rational.
- Example:The neighbors must think we’recrazy.
- Meaning: (ADJECTIVE) Smooth, slippery
- Example:Beat the ingredients together to acreamyconsistency.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Very small piece, as of bread.
- Example:Mix breadcrumbingredients together in a small baking pan.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Many people bunched together
- Example:He managed to squeeze through thecrowdat last.
- Meaning: (NOUN) A bend or turn with a slowly sloping angle.
- Example:The car came around thecurvein the road.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Cloth covering that hangs over the window
- Example:She bought some cloth to make acurtain.
- Meaning: (NOUN) Competitor who wins over everyone else.
- Example:He marked his debut by beating thechampion.
- Meaning: (NOUN) A food—usually dessert or candy—made from the seeds of the cacao.
- Example:Which flavor do you want –chocolateor vanilla?
单词That Begin With C | Infographic
Learn more with a list of thousands ofC wordsin English.
Last Updated on January 31, 2023